Although there are lots of other options to keep track of updates on your favorite websites, I think Google Reader is a really good option. I am not alone with this discovery… 🙂
In this short tutorial I would like to introduce two very common ways to add RSS feeds to Your Google Reader.
Websites that use RSS feeds through Feedburner:
- This is very straight forward as Feedburner is going to take You through the process offering selections on each page:
- Click on “Subscribe with Google”:
- Click on “Add to Google Reader”:
Adding RSS feed manually:
- After clicking on the RSS feed icon many websites are going to take You to their RSS feed link, showing the feed’s XML code in the browser window. Highlight the complete text in the address bar, right-click with the mouse and select “Copy”:
- Then go to your Google Reader, click on the “Subscribe” button in the top left corner => a textbox is going to appear.
- Right click into the textbox and select “Paste”, then click on “Add” on the right side of the textbox:
If You would like to organize the newly subscribed RSS feed into folders, then please check another short tutorial about folders in Google Reader.